Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Get yourself back up and dust yourself off

Okay, here it is...

As you can tell from my last few posts, I've been feeling discouraged and annoyed from not hitting my green zone yet. I have pretty much been told by everyone in my doctor's office that I am an anomaly. As of my last fill, I have 7.25ccs in my 10cc band. MOST average people hit the green zone between 5-7ccs. I apparently need more than that. I am fine with that and will go get a fill every week if that's what I need to do to hit this dang green zone. I am just SO very grateful for the PA who took me aside and told me I have the right mentality and am working hard to get there, so it WILL happen.

That being said, I am still not in the green zone. I'm hoping that my fill coming up on the 17th will put me there, but I wouldn't be surprised if it didn't. It seems to be very elusive. I may even call and see if I can move up my appointment to the 10th...

As far as weight loss goes, I had been steady loosing until my last appointment on the 26th of September where I was up .2 pounds. They didn't give me a hard time for it but I beat myself up for it pretty well. Even though, I wasn't in the green zone, I was always at least down and this was the first time since starting my pre op diet of being up in weight. Although, it sucked to hear I was up, it made me look at what exactly I have been eating. I ate about 80% healthy but every now and then that 20% of unhealthy food would come around and I found myself eating it. And my exercise was MAJORLY lacking. I had quit my last gym membership because I was paying almost $60 a month and there are so many cheap gyms near me that I thought it was silly to pay such a high price. But for about three weeks I didn't have a gym and it was still 90 degrees outside and so I justified sitting on my butt.

Well, that is over. Last week I signed up for Planet Fitness, $20 a month for the "deluxe" membership, which includes tanning, massage beds and other perks. And so yesterday and today, I've gone to work out and spent about 15 minutes on the elliptical and 20-30 minutes on the treadmill, depending on if I found a good show or not. Haha.

I just saw my family in late July and had only just started on this weight loss journey. I just went for a quick weekend trip in late September and a few noticed and commented on my weight loss but when I go home for Christmas in 12 weeks, I want to blow their socks off! If I work out diligently, cut down on diet pop, increase my water and watch my portions, then there is no reason that that can't happen.

So here are my promises to myself:

  1. I am going to go to the gym at least 5 times a week for a minimum of 30 minutes each time. After working out, I, then get to reward myself with a massage session. :) 
  2. I am also done weighing myself at home. No more weekly weigh ins. I will only go off of my weight from True Results. (If my numbers aren't good when I weigh at home, I discourage myself.) 
  3. I am going to cut the 20% of unhealthy eating down to 10%.
  4. I am going to drink at LEAST 64 ounces of water each day.
  5. Also I am going to get better at posting here more often. Call me out if you don't see me posting, folks!
I hope everyone has a great week!!

2 comments:

  1. I need more too...I have no idea how much is in my band, but my best guess is around 8cc.

    Finding your green zone can be as much about your dr as you though. I was in my green zone for a while. Then my PA got pregnant and couldn't do adjustments anymore and the whole 6 months with my surgeon has SUCKED. Luckily I'm seeing my PA next week. Super excited!

    You're going to blow your family away when they see you at Christmas :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are great goals! Sometimes getting back to basics is what we need. I'm almost there! I have 1 more appointment and my tentative surgery date is Dec 5.

    ReplyDelete