Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Weigh in Wednesday and a little extra :)

June 20 (Day of surgery): 291
June 26: 286
July 3: 286.4
July 10: 287.8
July 17: 286.8 WHOOO!

I am glad to start seeing the numbers go in the right direction again. I was beginning to doubt myself. Not necessarily regretting the lap band, maybe disappointed is a better word. Either way, the numbers are going back down and I am stoked!!

In other news, I spent all day yesterday and most of today totally fan girling about Olan Rogers. He is a comedian/film maker. He has a YouTube channel where he posts quite a few different things but my favorite is when he tells stories. He is also a clean comedian, which is darn near impossible to find anymore. Go ahead, watch all his stuff, not a single cuss word or vulgar thing is said. I mean, and also, I just have to mention how he is probably one of the most handsome men, ever. (Okay, maybe I'm a little biased. haha!)
Anyways, he went on tour to do a free meet and greet with all of his fans. He hosted an Eat a Slice with Me tour, Jones Soda and pizza were donated to make this happen. My friend from school and I both really like him so we decided to go together to meet him! It started at 3 so we went around 2 and got in line. It was SUPER humid and still very hot and sunny. We got into the building by 3:45ish and to find another line but at this point we were inside in AC so we didn't care. Also we could see him! (haha, yes, I know how dorky I am.) Anyway, after almost two hours outside sweating like pig and on the brink of passing out from heat, we get inside, wait some more and then meet OLAN ROGERS! He hugged me three times and signed a poster for me. He is truly an amazing man and so humble. Also one girl in front of us literally passed out from the heat so her boyfriend started carrying her to the car but one of the crew went inside and came back with Olan and he came out, chased down the boyfriend carrying the girl passed out, and took them inside. We found out later that she ended up being okay and still got to meet Olan. Apparently he carried her princess style so she seemed fairly pleased with it... The whole time we were there they had water for everyone and told everyone to go get some (which I did, I think I ended up going to get like 4 cups worth.) But after that they went down the entire line with cups and water gallons. Everyone got water no matter what after that.

Here are some pictures, I look horrible and it's blurry but I don't care!! :)



If you ever feel the need for a laugh go to his YouTube channel and watch a little something, his laugh is contagious. This story is my favorite, though.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZO9tMetxno&list=PL9237F46A2E68117A&index=1

1 comment:

  1. How fun! I'm glad you were able to meet him & didn't stand in line for nothing. :)

    ReplyDelete