Tuesday, May 21, 2013

How to tell the world?

Do I just tell everyone? Do I shout it from the rooftops? Or do I keep it to myself because this is a personal journey? That is exactly the crossroads that I am at right now. I'm not necessarily a private person. I am very honest and truthful. It's not like if you look at me that you can't tell that I am unhealthy. I could definitely use any and all support and love that I receive from friends and family during this new chapter of my life.

Truly the only thing keeping me from mentioning this on Facebook yet is that when I talked to my teacher about missing a few classes, she didn't give me a definitive answer. She said, "Well let's take it week by week and see where we are in a month." How does that work? You get to decide if having surgery is a valid reason to miss class depending on your mood? I did not tell her what my surgery is for and because of hippa laws, she can't ask. If I bring in a note from a surgeon saying I am having surgery and need (blank) days to recover and she decides to excuse those absences then it doesn't matter what I was having surgery for. Yes, this is an elective surgery but it is to improve my health and I'm not arguing by any means that this is medically my only option for loosing weight. All I am saying is, if she is excusing the absences for surgery then it is none of her business what the surgery is for. I would feel 100% better about this if she gave a definitive answer either way. My plan is to just come to class every day until surgery and then only miss, hopefully, Thursday (day of surgery), and be able to be back at it on Monday.

Well, that turned into the quite the rant, sorry about that.

And I didn't even come up with an answer for my question.

I think I am going to post a link to this blog on my Facebook so that people that want to stay updated can read about it here and my Facebook page doesn't turn into a commercial for Lap-Band.. Hahaha.

I will post a link.

Eventually.


**EDIT: Mom booked her flight for the 17th so everything is set for surgery!!! Everything except for hearing back about the loan. I know Mom is anxious to hear back about it too.

1 comment:

  1. I have been trying to decide whether to share my blog on Facebook, too. I've told my family & some friends but I don't know if I'm ready to shout it to the world yet - especially since I'm still at the mercy of my insurance company. There's still that possibility the world may tumble around me & I won't be able to proceed. There's only 1 person feasible to borrow from but I don't know how he'd view this option for me. Right now I'm going with the basis that everyone is "need to know", and most don't need to know. People are judgmental & I've already slightly experienced the feeling of having to explain myself to someone. It wasn't pleasant.

    ReplyDelete