Monday, May 20, 2013

Surgery Scheduled!

June 20th is the magical day. Although, I'm sure nothing about that day will be magical... Ha! Surgery is officially set and the pre-op appointment is set for June 11 at 1:30. The second Thursday of June is support group that the are encouraging me to go to, so I will. That's the 13th. My pre-op diet will start the 6th. It will consist of protein drinks for breakfast and dinner and a small serving of white meat with 2 cups veggies and 1 cup of fruit for lunch. The diet will help to get rid of as much fatty tissue around my liver as possible before surgery.

My summer semester started today and I mentioned that I am going to have to miss some days for surgery and they seemed to be understanding but I will see how it goes when it gets closer to the actual date of surgery. The teachers are so hot and cold about this kind of stuff.

My Mom tried to talk to Allegiant about changing her itinerary for her June trip so that she can be here for surgery and they wouldn't work with her in person. So she is going to call sometime this week to see what they can work out. She is thinking that she will come in on the 17th and spend some time with other family in the area and then be back in Tempe on Wednesday night before surgery!

I am weirdly not nervous at all. We are kind moving forward with all of this having faith that everything financially will come together because all of the kinks haven't been worked out of that yet. Here is to praying that everything works out. It will, if it's the right next step in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment