Tuesday, May 14, 2013

The next step

Well, things are progressing quickly! I talked to my sister (Kristy) today to find out the best next step to make. She assigned me several tasks to do because I was starting to feel overwhelmed by all the things that needed to happen. I knew I was at a stand still because I was not approved for the Care Credit card to pay for the surgery so I was stuck. I read the Lap-band book cover to cover. I've looked into all kinds of side effects, long term lasting effects and every other thing that I can think of. I knew I wanted to do the surgery, even though the idea of it scares the crap out of me (still).

Task one: Make a proposal to Mom. If the surgery was going to happen, I needed to get the help of my Mom. I sat down at the computer and typed it out, read it over, retyped, read it over again, realized that I was very nervous to send this email and sent it before I deleted it.

Task two: Make appointment to get blood work order completed. Easy enough. I went online, set it up for tomorrow and voila! Done.

Task three: Find out the next step financially from the patient advocate and how to get financing through the office. I attempted and ended up playing phone tag with her for the rest of the day and never did get a hold of her but I'm sure I will hear from her tomorrow morning.

After I got these finished up my Mom was calling me, time to find out. Mom and I had a long talk about how this is a huge commitment and that this was not a gift. It was a loan, a loan that would be paid back as soon as I had the money to do so. Both of which I knew and have already been processing. In the end, the conversation ended with her saying she needs tomorrow to talk to her financial guy and see what she can move around so we can avoid paying 14.9% interest on the loan from the doctor's office.

Once we get the money situation figured out and secured, the next step will be to schedule the surgery!! Whew, what a whirlwind the last week has been!

No comments:

Post a Comment