Saturday, June 15, 2013

Day 10 of 14 of pre op

Whooo! In the double numbers of this diet being almost over!! It's hard to stick to this diet when I am still pre op because my stomach isn't telling me it's full. It's saying, "where is all the freakin' food I normally get??"

This week went fairly quickly. Being busy helps distract me from how I want to anything and everything. It's gotten to the point where when a commercial comes on TV and it's for something I don't even necessarily like, I catch myself thinking and sometimes saying out loud, "Mmmm, (instert random food here)." My roommate has been getting quite the kick out of it. The other day we were watching TV and I mumbled something about wanting Red Lobster after a commercial and she started cracking up. She knows I don't eat seafood. She asked me if I have even eaten there and I told her only once and I protested the entire time. Hahaha, it's gotten out of control.

I went to my local lap band support group on Thursday. There was only like 6 of us there and the patient advocate said it's because everyone is on summer schedule and we should be up to 10-15 in September. It went really well though, we went around the room and gave our name and if we are pre or post op and any questions that we had. There were three of us there that were pre op and the other three were: 5 weeks, 2 months and like 1 year out. It was a nice group of women, I think I'm going to like going every month. :)

I got a call from the surgery center yesterday with my surgery time. For now my check-in is at 9 a.m. on Thursday, unless someone cancels, which will move me up. I like the 9 a.m. slot. It will be enough time to sleep in a little but not enough time to be starving before I get there.

Also, yesterday I got all my grocery shopping done for post op. I picked up my prescriptions. One liquid lortab in tropical fruit flavor, one liquid antibiotic in strawberry flavor and one oral dissolving tablet for nausea. Can I just tell you that somewhere around the age of 8-10 I decided that any and all medicine that I have to get will be in pill form and I will figure out how to take them even if I choke to death on it because I HATE liquid medicine that much. I have very vivid memories of massive fits being thrown when it came time for medicine when it was liquid. And I do mean MASSIVE fits. Soooo, this should be interesting... Haha!

So in my post op grocery shopping I picked up some pretty good things. I got a mega package of ramen noodles, I'll just be throwing away the noddles but if you mix the powder mix with hot water, it is the best chicken broth you'll ever have. My Mom uses it to cook with.. Haha Anyways, I also got diet cranberry pomegranate juice. I couldn't find any no sugar added juice so I just got this one to alternate if I'm hating water or something. I also got sugar free jello, I got lemon lime and strawberry. After 48 hours I can start working in "smooshies" and I need to start getting in protein. I have my protein drinks (obviously), cottage cheese (yum!), yogurt (both greek and regular) and pudding. And can I just say, I am excited to eat this pudding? I got pretty excited in the grocery store.. Haha

This coming week is going to be VERY busy. This weekend I am just kind of getting random things done around the house, cleaning up and what not and then Monday afternoon I am going to work and not leaving til Wednesday afternoon. Yup, that's right. My job is working with this little boy with autism and I've been working with him and his family for the last two, almost three years now. The Mom is a teacher and single Mother of four, (11, 10, 7, 18 months). She is paying me out of pocket to watch the kids for a few days while she goes to a training conference for her school. I am super comfortable with the kids and they listen to me really well so I'm not at all worried about that. In fact, I am a little appreciative because I will be so busy this week will fly by! Monday afternoon/evening we will just hang out and then Tuesday morning I have class so I'll pack the kids up and drop them off at their grandma's til I finish and then we are going to go down to my sister in law's so they can play/swim with my nephews (16, 13, 11, 10, 9) and I can see my Mom because she will have flown in on Monday. Wednesday will be the same of packing them up, dropping off at grandma's while I have class and them picking them up and just hanging out until their other-side grandpa gets off work and takes over because then I will be driving back down to my sister in laws to pick up Mom and come back to my house to spend the night and be ready for surgery the next morning! Whew, I'm worn out just explaining this week! Haha

I'm not sure I'll be updating again before surgery but I will definitely be updating as soon as I'm moving around after surgery! I will try to remember as much as I can to tell you all about it! Have a great coming week, everyone!!

2 comments:

  1. Getting so close!! Being busy will help for sure. I'm so glad you liked your support group - everything seems to be falling in to place. Hopefully you won't have to take the lortab long. ;-)

    Good luck this week, you'll be on my mind!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so excited for you! I know how hard it is to wait for something you want/need so badly so I'm glad you'll be busy to help the time pass. You'll be good with the pain meds, etc so don't worry. You'll likely need them so you probably won't even mind!

    ReplyDelete