Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Day 7 of 14 of pre op

So I had my pre op appointment yesterday. I was there for a surprisingly long time (About two hours). At first it was a group (9 of us) and we were taken back to hear a presentation and then we were taken back to the waiting room to wait for one on ones with the surgeon. I didn't have many questions and I feel like I am really prepped for surgery but it was nice to meet the surgeon before the actual day of surgery. They gave me a little goody bag with a diary/pen, measuring cup and a one minute timer to help with in-between bite timing. I'm think the timer will be getting the most use. The surgeon was hopeful that since I recovered so well and quickly from getting my gallbladder out a few years ago that this will be similar for me.

I got a note for school and took it in to my teacher and she immediately starting counting out how many days it was that I would miss and said "Well, it doesn't put you over the attendance policy, so that's good." I had a gut feeling that she wouldn't be excusing it. I bet if I make a big deal out of it and raise a little attention to it, she would excuse it but I just don't think it's worth my time. I will just have to be careful all semester to not go over.

This week I got the amazing news that I passed my first Literary test at 120 words per minute!! I have to pass three tests at 98% accuracy to move on to the next speed class. Passing the first test at any speed is always the hardest because of the mental "this is too fast, I can't get it" thought process. I have to get to 180 to pass out of my Literary class. I hope that even with surgery coming up and missing a few days, it won't set me back too much!

Monday and Tuesday I made a delicious snack that was all veggies.. so guilt free! I peeled and sliced squash, sliced orange bell peppers (my favorite) and about a third of an onion and sauteed it in EVOO (extra virgin olive oil). I just used a little seasoned salt and pepper and it was Mmm, mmm, good! I even made it again that night with my dinner.

Today, I went to lunch with a couple of girls from my court reporting program. So tonight I'll be having a protein shake for dinner. I got a salad with chicken and when they both ordered dessert I opted out. I did however, take ONE bite of both of theirs (had to try both!) I don't feel bad because I could have ordered a whole one!

When we were at lunch my friend said, "A week from tomorrow is surgery, are you ready?" The floor dropped out from under me after hearing her say it that way. HOLY CRAP, that is soon!! Ugh. I have to get over these nerves! I get a little flutter of panic every time I think about it. Ugh.

Today I got a killer migraine. Thank goodness the family that I work for's Mom is a teacher and off work right now and she could take him to speech therapy for me. I pretty much have slept on and off since coming home from lunch with the girls. Maybe it's a result of the nerves? Maybe I need a Prozac? haha

2 comments:

  1. Ah yes, stress migraines! You are doing so well getting everything ready, including practicing good habits! Congratulations on all the great school work, too! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks/sounds tasty!

    That's great news about your teacher, I'm kind of worried about school too (I go back in the Fall), but I signed up for online classes so I'm sure I'll be fine.

    Great job with lunch! It's all about the small victories!

    ReplyDelete