Thursday, June 27, 2013

The Banded Life

Life is good. Still sore but mainly when I bend down, looks like there is a mandatory pedicure in store for me this weekend. :) Eating is going well. I am enjoying being off of "smooshies" and on to soft foods. It's been a lot of scrambles eggs, hummus, greek yogurt, fruit smoothies and sugar-free Popsicles.

This morning I didn't really plan anything and I figured I'd be able to run home after class to have some lunch before going to work but that didn't happen. So I ended up in the dreaded drive-thru. Luckily I had just been texting my sister the day before (the one with gastric bypass) and she had told me that the pinto beans at Taco Bell was her go to fast food option. So I headed there and got the small cup of beans and the fiesta potatoes. I figured they would be soft enough that I'd be fine. I ate all the beans and half the potatoes before I was full. I spent $2.32!! I already had water so I didn't get a drink, which is good because I've been missing Diet Pepsi something fierce and I'm not sure I could have resisted. I am going to wait the 60 days after surgery before trying anything with carbonation. Anyway, I feel good about my choices for food today. Drive-thru was almost an every other day occurrence for me so getting rid of that demon is nice.

My Mom and family are back from Utah today and so tonight I am trying to finish up my homework and reports so I can go down and play this weekend before Mom flies back to Kansas on Monday.

15-20 pounds is always the range of weight that I loose and want people to notice and no one does and I end up getting frustrated and quit. Not this time. It's not even a passing thought in my mind. It it SOO nice to know that I have this awesome band making me not even hungry for the foods that I would cheat with. As long as when I'm hungry, I make the RIGHT food choice, then this is going to be easy peasy! Also I'm scared to eat most other foods right now because getting "stuck" sounds horrible and terrifying.

That's about all that's going on with me this week, I hope everyone has a great weekend!!

2 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you have some variety in your life again as far as foods. I know Lap Band Gal swears by the pintos from Taco Bell when a quick fix is needed. I can't to be on the "other side" with you. You have a great mindset, no excuses & not looking back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Howdy, found you by accident but I am glad I did.

    I had my lap band done a year ago in June....

    Come check me out :) Amy in South Dakota

    http://bohemianburble.wordpress.com/


    ReplyDelete