Friday, June 7, 2013

Day 2 of 14 of pre op

Well yesterday wasn't fun. It wasn't terrible though. My protein shakes are really tasty so that helps. I drank three and a half smart waters yesterday. So about that's over 14 cups of water. I think all that water really helped me with the hunger. About 2pm I got slammed with a caffeine headache. I actually broke and had a Diet Pepsi. :( But I was texting with a friend and she told me that V8 makes a sugar-free drink with caffeine. She is so helpful and supportive, truly the best friend I could ever ask for. I've been in Arizona while she is in Kansas for the last three years and we haven't grown apart at all. Oops, back on topic.. Haha. Anyway, I am going to go look for it when I go grocery shopping today.

I am going to go to Sprouts, even though, I have kind of been boycotting them since they bought out my FAVORITE produce store, Sunflower. Spouts will have the biggest selection of veggies for me to pick from. I plan on buying quite a bit and cutting them all up and putting them in baggies for easy grabbing when I am hungry and need something.

I made yesterday a lot harder on myself than I needed to. I didn't have much produce and basically no veggies, which is unlimited on this diet. Stupid. Yesterday I was fairly busy, though. I spent most of the day with my new roommate who just moved to the area. We ran a couple errands and I showed her around the our immediate area. I remember what it was like when I moved here and didn't know a single person so I figured I could help her out. But we were so busy helping to get her furniture that I didn't get home to eat dinner until 8:30pm! This is where I got bad, instead of just cooking the chicken that I had defrosted and marinating in the fridge when my other roommate was going to get Applebee's-to-go and offered to get me the salad we always get, since it's two for twenty. I said yes and got the Oriental Salad but asked for grilled chicken instead of crispy. When we got the food home, we realized there wasn't a single drop of dressing in it or on the side. I guess that's karma for trying to cheat on my first day... Haha! So I ended up lightly drizzling it with my homemade low fat ranch and picked all the chicken out and then ate about a third of the salad while avoiding the low mien noodles. All in all it wasn't too bad, the dressing is the most unhealthy part of that salad. It's all romaine lettuce, cabbage and carrots with low mien noodles and almonds.

But today is a new start! It's only 10am and I've already had a whole smart water and a protein shake. I'm going to go grocery shopping once I finish homework and shower. Whooo!

4 comments:

  1. You are making thoughtful, smart choices. You will succeed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gotta take it 1 day at a time; you can do it! That's a great idea for the veggies / fruit, simple enough I'm just lazy about that sort of thing! Have you heard of Bountiful Baskets? You register online by Tuesday & then Saturday morning you pick up a box full of produce for about $25. It's never the same thing twice & it's a good way to try different things you may never buy otherwise.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard of it. One of my roommates had it and she loved it but some of the stuff she got I don't think I'd ever eat. And she would get like 10 of them! Haha! And if I remember correctly, the pickup time is like 7am on Saturday which is wayy too early for a Saturday.

      Delete