Sunday, June 2, 2013

Nerves are kicking in!

On Thursday (6th) I start my pre-op diet. Next Tuesday (11th) I meet with the surgeon for my pre-op appointment. That next Thursday (14th) I go to a support group. On Monday (17th) Mom flies in to be my nurse and the 20th is surgery! This month is going to fly by. At any given moment I am either having a full on panic attack or I am completely at peace and ready to go! My panic isn't that I'm doubtful. I don't even have words to express my panic. I called Mom earlier to talk about it and I almost started bawling. I held it back just because I didn't want her to worry. And because I know I have no valid worries about the surgery. Well, no valid worries about the after effects of the surgery because I am ready for all those changes. It's just the surgery itself that is making me panic, which I know is silly because it is such a routine surgery and the risks are minimal but I have always been the kind of person that when I have a headache I go through a checklist before I reach for the Advil:
Am I hungry? Nope.
Do I need some caffeine? Nope.
Am I dehydrated? Nope.
Is it the environment/noise/smells giving me a headache? Nope.
Okay, take a couple Advil.

I guess I have kind of done a similar checklist of trying to loose weight without the band for the last 8 years of my life and now I am finally reaching for the Advil (surgery).

I'll update on Thursday with my pre-op diet weight!

3 comments:

  1. I'm so happy for you! Who is doing your band? I have my 2nd nutrition appointment tomorrow... the next 4 can't come soon enough! Have you cleared your cabinets out yet?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dr. Gowen Nirmul is doing my band, he is through True Results in Scottsdale. My cabinets have definitely been getting cleaned out. I kind of stopped grocery shopping and just used whatever random things I had but tonight I am throwing away or giving to roommates whatever is left since tomorrow I start the pre-op stuff.

      Delete
  2. There are a bunch of Phoenix/Scottsdale bandsters if you haven't found them yet. They are a great support! Seek them out. :)

    ReplyDelete