Thursday, June 20, 2013

Surgery: check!

I am sitting in bed watching old episodes of The Office drinking water and chicken broth (in small amounts, of course). I am in relatively little to no pain. I slept a while when I got home and kept a bowl close by in case I got sick but didn't. Dr. Nirmul said surgery went perfectly. I vaguely remember waking up and getting dressed. The car ride home went well and quickly, thankfully. My Mom has been so helpful and I am very grateful for her.

I really am feeling great. I'm still taking the lortab and probably will today and tomorrow just so it doesn't wear off and am in a lot of pain but I don't think I will be. I only have a little discomfort from gas but the gas x strips have been great. The surgeon said to go walking for about 15 minutes later this evening so I'll be doing that tonight. 

My sister/Mom got these for me along with a balloon and card and gift card. I'm blessed with a great family! :)


Sorry if this is a little scatterbrained, I'm blaming the drugs. :)

EDIT:: I am definitely experiencing the left shoulder gas pain. It's weird to feel pain in my shoulder from gas... Good thing I can take more gas x strips! 

3 comments:

  1. I'm so glad it went well & that you're feeling food. I hope it stays that way for you. I remember from my gall bladder surgery that walking helps move the gas along... hopefully your roomie doesn't mind you machine gunning around the house! lol
    I love the flowers!!!
    Feel free to email me if you want to exchange numbers sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad it's going well! Pretty flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alli! So glad it went so well! The flowers are so pretty - I love the happy yellow. :-) Here is a blog I wrote on gas pain if it helps - the shoulder gas pain isn't the type that gasX will help, but a heating pad, a menthol pain patch, and of course walking might! http://stayinginthepink.blogspot.com/2013/03/thoughts-about-gas.html

    I hope your recovery continues to go smoothly - post if you have any other issues, odds are other bloggers have talked about them and may have ideas, you can always choose to use or reject, whatever helps you. ;-) The old episodes of The Office are the best. :-D

    ReplyDelete